*/ To The Finish Line: 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run

Thursday, August 23, 2012

2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run

I successfully completed the Leadville Trail 100 in 29:05. It was the hardest thing I've done yet. With a 45% finish rate for 2012, I was just happy to reach the finish line!

It's a beautiful monster of a course that led me from excitable joy, to dreadful suffering, to tearful triumph. Words and pictures merely scratch at the surface of the experience, but this at least gives you a taste.

http://vimeo.com/48110694


2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run from Steve Emmert on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. Runnerman Dan8/29/2012 12:59 PM

    Great video, Steve. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on finishing a race made tougher for those of us that don't have mountains to train on or live at altitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video is incredible, what an amazing accomplishment! I'm so glad to have found you. I love working with endurance athletes and look forward to reading your blogs, present and past issues. I'm going to re-post it on my Google+ page so others can enjoy your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julie. Thanks! Nice to hear from you.

      Delete